Did you go through every nook and corner in the Messenger application to find an option for signing out, only to come out empty handed? Facebook’s Messenger app does not offer a direct way to log out of Messenger. If you want to switch accounts or log out from one without having to uninstall the app, here are two methods for doing it via iPhone and iPad.
Via Facebook Application
- Open your iOS device and tap on the Facebook application. It is blue and white in color. The letter “F” is written in white with a blue background.
- Since the Messenger application does not let the users log out, you need to do so via Facebook.
- After signing in to your Facebook if you are not already, tap on the four horizontal lines icon at the top right corner. It will be to the right of the bell icon.
- After tapping on the option for more, a navigation menu will come. Browse the list and find the option for Settings and Privacy. It is the last option.
- In the drop-down list, select Account Settings. It will be the first option.
- In the Settings screen, tap on the second option which is Security and Login.
- Scroll down and go to the “Where you are logged in” part. You will be able to see all the devices you are currently signed in or if you accessed the Facebook account recently.
- Click on the three dots button located to the right of Messenger.
- In the list of options, select Log Out.
- Now, you will get signed out from the Messenger application.
- Launch the messenger app from the iOS device.
- In the bottom left corner, find the icon shaped like a house and labeled Home. Tap on it.
- In the home tab, tap on your Facebook display picture at the top left corner.
- In the user profile menu, browse and locate the option for switching accounts. Tap on Switch accounts.
- In the list of all the Facebook user accounts, either tap on one or go to Add Account.
- Now, you can log in and add another Facebook account to your Messenger application.
- Enter the login credentials of another account and tap on the OK button after that.
- Now, you will get logged out from your old messenger account when you sign in to a new one.